Terrell Light Artillery was formed during the winter of 1861-1862 with men from Terrell County. It was attached to the Department of South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida, and was active on the Georgia and South Carolina coast. Then during December, 1864, the company was engaged in the defense of Savannah. It later served in the North Carolina Campaign and surrendered with the Army of Tennessee. Captains John W. Brooks and E.J. Dawson were in command.